Friday 22 August 2014

Nautical t shirt DIY



You can tell I'm not really a 'selfie' person, can't you? Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to ask a mate to help me take photos of myself and I can't figure out how to use the forward facing camera on my shitty phone. Deal with it.

UPDATE: I finally caved and got my mate to take some awkward as fuck photos of me in the field by my house. Look how uncomfortable I look, and appreciate my noble sacrifice.



When I was last in IKEA I got these fabric markers for £1.75. You can't seem to buy them online for some reason, but you can find them in the fabric section of the store or probably in any craft shop. I only ended up using the blue one for this particular project.


I also got some £2.50 white t shirts from Primark. I bought a women's large and a men's medium, because I'm a grunger at heart and love baggy t shirts.


I started my stripes just under the armpit. The first one I did was really neat and straight when I kind of wanted the stripes to be messy and look hand drawn (shouldn't really be difficult since that literally what I was doing).


So I ended up making them more jagged and cross hatched. I also ended up making them sort of wonky and not uniformly part, but that wasn't intentional, just a result of not being able to draw a straight line.


You just carry on like that until you get to the bottom of the front. I should also probably mention that this will eat up the ink in your fabric pen.


When it came to doing the back of the shirt, I folded the sides over a bit to continue to lines from the front.


Do you see what I mean about not being able to draw a straight fucking line?

Anyway Then you can fill in the stripes at the back so they make one continuous line, and you're done ain't ya.






No comments:

Post a Comment